Strasburg Rail Road - Lancaster County, PA
Photos from 2006 through 2013, featuring Great Western 2-10-0 #90 (Baldwin built 1924), Norfolk & Western 4-8-0 #475 (Baldwin 1906), Canadian National 2-6-0 #89 (CLC 1910), and Canadian National 0-6-0 #31/7312 (Baldwin 1908). The railroad was chartered in 1832 to provide freight service over a four mile route from Strasburg to a connection with the Pennsylvania Railroad. After years of declining freight volume, the railroad was sold in 1958 and steam-powered tourist trains began in 1960 using Engine 31. For more information, visit the Strasburg Rail Road Website.